Androgenetic Alopecia or male pattern baldness is the most common cause of hair loss and balding in both men and women. The hormone DHT or dihydrotestosterone produced in the body is responsible for this type of hair fall and ultimately leads to baldness.
DHT accumulates in the scalp and miniaturizes hair follicles and ultimately kills the hair follicles, which are sensitive to it. Lucky people are those who do not have DHT sensitive hair follicles. This sensitivity depends on hereditary or genetic factors. Now we will discuss on the natural remedies for hair loss that reduces the DHT levels in a scalp or prevents its accumulation and damage by splitting the topic into three methods.
- Increase blood circulation to prevent accumulation in the scalp.
- Provide essential nutrients to damaged hair follicles.
- Reduced DHT levels in the scalp. Good blood circulation is very important to carry the nutrients to hair follicles and it also prevents DHT accumulation in the scalp to increase blood circulation at the scalp, you can perform the following tasks.
- Head massage gently massaging your scalp in circular motion and pressures can improve the blood flow to the scalp. Hair follicles perform head massage at least twice daily.
- Yoga, especially the head down position called [inaudible] is very beneficial to increase blood flow suddenly to the scalp and wash out any accumulated DHT and prevent damage to hair follicles. Be in this position for at least one minute and perform three sets of yoga once daily.
- Regular exercise at least 30 minutes daily like jogging, treadmill, pushups, or any kind of activity is proven to be beneficial to improve blood circulation.
Then the next step is to provide some essential nutrients to rejuvenate the damaged and weak hair. Falling nutrients are carried your hair follicles through the bloodstream and heads apart from eating a well-balanced diet. You need to include a few foods in your diet, rich in protein, minerals, and antioxidants like eggs, nuts, green vegetables, whole grains, lentils, et cetera. We’ll list out the top 10 foods that can lower DHT levels and fight hair loss in a short while from now.
Then avoid alcohol consumption and smoking, and if you’re dieting in order to lose weight, then do not overdo it as it can cause hair thinning due to nutritional deficiencies.
Lastly, we’ll discuss on some natural ways to reduce DHT levels in the blood.
- Stress and sleep deprivation can accelerate hair loss, so keep your stress levels low and have a sound sleep of at least eight hours daily.
- Regular exercise has been shown to lower DHT levels, perform any form of exercise for at least 30 minutes daily.
- Saw Palmetto studies have shown that this naturally occurring substance blocks the enzyme five alpha-reductase and hence reduces DHT. Saw Palmetto is approved in many countries and you can get capsules of this substance along with multivitamin and zinc, magnesium supplements.
Foods that lower DHT levels
#10 beans and soybeans. – Beans are an excellent and inexpensive source of zinc, which helps in hair growth and hair repair. Studies have shown that compounds and soybeans may promote hair growth.
One of these compounds is Bernadine, which is abundantly found in soybeans.
#9 – meat, especially red meat is rich in iron. This increases your red blood cell count, which in turn helps the red blood cells deliver oxygen to all cells in the body, including hair follicles,
#8 – oysters. Oysters are one of the best sources of zinc in the diet. Zinc helps in hair growth and repair.
#7 – seeds, especially flax seeds and chia seeds. In addition to vitamin E, zinc and selenium also provide Omega-three fatty acids and all of these promote hair growth.
#6 – nuts especially almonds and walnuts provide vitamin E, B complex vitamins, zinc and essential fatty acids, all of which promote hair growth and they are also proven to protect your heart.
#5 – avocados. They’re not only super delicious but also an excellent source of vitamin E and also rich in vitamin C, K, and Omega-three fatty acids.
#4 – Fatty fish that he fish like salmon, herring, and mackerel are great sources of Omega three fatty acids which have been linked to improved hair growth and even density.
#3 – Spinach. Spinach is loaded with folate, iron, and vitamins a and C, which may promote hair growth. A deficiency in these nutrients may result in hair loss. Spinach is the best plant-based source of iron, especially great for vegetarians.
#2 – eggs. Eggs are a great source of protein and biotin, which are also important for healthy hair and hair growth. Eggs are also a great source of zinc, selenium, and other nutrients. This makes them one of the best foods for optimal hair health. Another important nutrient in eggs. Biotin is essential for the production of a hair protein called keratin. Research has shown that consuming more biotin can help improve hair growth in people with biotin deficiency.
#1 – berries. Berries, loaded with beneficial compounds and vitamins that promote hair growth. This includes vitamin C, which has strong antioxidant properties. For example, strawberries are rich in vitamin C which helps in collagen production and iron absorption, which are two factors that can promote hair growth.
So there you have it.
Please like and share this video with your friends and loved ones. Comment below with your feedback and queries. Consider subscribing if you’re new to this channel.