When it comes to dermatologists creating on YouTube, Dr. Dray is one of the best doing it. In this video, Dr. Dray shares her top 5 retinol products for hyperpigmentation & anti-aging.
WHAT IS RETINOL USED FOR?
Retinol increases skin cell production (proliferation). It helps unclog pores. Retinol also exfoliates your skin and increases collagen production, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, giving your skin a fresher, plump appearance.
Is retinol for everyone? People with sensitive skin conditions like rosacea cannot tolerate really strong topicals like retinols so keep that in mind as you think about buying a retinol product.
WHAT IS ADAPALENE?
Retin-A (tretinoin) Cream and Gel and Differin (adapalene) are retinoids (a form of vitamin A) used for the topical treatment of acne vulgaris.
#1: Acne Treatment Differin Gel, 30 Day Supply, Retinoid Treatment for Face with 0.1% Adapalene, Gentle Skin Care for Acne Prone Sensitive Skin, 15g Tube
Currently the #1 best selling Retinol on Amazon…
- Clears breakouts where they start (Deep in pores) and prevents new acne from forming, which ultimately restores skin’s texture and tone
- Differin works differently than other Acne treatments by normalizing skin cell turnover and effectively targets two primary causes of Acne, clogged pores and inflammation
- Adapalene was created for superior tolerability compared to other prescription retinoid products not containing Adapalene; It is suitable for use as part of your morning or evening regimen
- Water based formula, oil free, alcohol free, fragrance free, non comedogenic; Helps reduce the risk of scarring and Hyperpigmentation by treating Acne
- In a clinical study, Differin gel provided up to 87 percent reduction in acne breakouts after 12 weeks, which will continue to improve with further use
Adapalene is the active ingredient in Differin® Gel. It’s a multi-benefit, dermatologist-recommended retinoid specifically used for clearing acne. Adapalene treats acne deep in the pores at the source, prevents new acne from forming and, as a result of reduced acne, restores your skin’s natural texture and tone. Adapalene has been prescribed to more than 40 million people over the last 20 years. With Differin Gel, acne sufferers now have access to this effective treatment without a prescription.
#2: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment, Prescription-Strength Topical Retinoid Cream For Face, Helps Clear and Prevent Acne and Clogged Pores
Effaclar Adapalene 0.1% is the first FDA approved prescription-strength retinoid acne treatment now available over-the-counter. Retinoids are vitamin A derivatives that regulate skin cell turnover to help remove & prevent dead skin from clogging pores*. The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) describes topical retinoids as a treatment of choice for mild, moderate & severe acne.
Recommended for: Acne blemishes, blackheads & whiteheads.
Key Ingredients: Adapalene Gel 0.1% (Topical Retinoid).
#3: Eau Thermale Avene RetrinAL 0.1 Intensive Cream, Retinaldehyde, Reduce Signs of Aging, Brighten & Rejuvenate Skin, 1.01 oz.
|Recommended Uses For Product||Anti aging, skin brightening, Wrinkles|
|Specific Uses For Product||For use on all skin types. Apply to the face, neck and décolleté in the evening. Lasts for 60 days.|
|Product Benefits||Helps reduce appearance of deep furrows. Peptide formula with antioxidant protection. Fragrance & silicone-free.Helps reduce appearance of deep furrows. Peptide formula with antioxidant protection.|
|Active Ingredients||Retinols, Peptides|
#4: CeraVe Anti Aging Retinol Serum | Cream Serum for Smoothing Fine Lines and Skin Brightening | With Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, and Ceramides | 1 Ounce
- [ SMOOTH TEXTURE ] Lightweight serum with a gel texture and a non-greasy feel. If layering with an eye cream or facial moisturizer, apply Skin Renew Retinol Serum in a thin layer and allow to fully absorb into skin before applying additional products.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. As you age, studies show that ceramide levels decrease. CeraVe products are formulated with 3 essential ceramides (1,3,6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin barrier.
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- [ GENTLE ON SKIN ] Fragrance free, non-comedogenic, and non-irritating formula. As retinol can cause sun sensitivity, please apply Skin Renewing Retinol Serum at night or wear a facial moisturizer with at least SPF 30 sunscreen if wearing during the day.
#5: Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Cream, Anti-Wrinkle Face & Neck Cream with Hyaluronic Acid & Retinol, Fragrance-Free Moisturizer, 1.7 oz
- 1.7-ounce bottle of Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Regenerating anti-wrinkle face and neck cream moisturizer helps reveal younger-looking skin by fading the look of deep wrinkles, including crow’s feet and forehead and cheek wrinkles
- Anti-wrinkle cream contains hyaluronic acid which adds plumping moisture to help hydrate and rejuvenate look of skin, yielding visibly smoother and younger-looking skin in just 1 week
- Anti-wrinkle cream contains retinol, a dermatologist-proven form of vitamin A and powerful ingredient that fights fine lines, dullness, wrinkles and dark spots
- Fragrance-free moisturizer from dermatologist-recommended skin care brand reduces the look of fine lines and plumps skin with moisture-rich replenishers and features a formula that is free of parabens, mineral oil and dyes
- Packaging May Vary. Recommended for use as part of regular anti-wrinkle skin care routine and gentle enough for daily use on all skin tones, it comes from the retinol brand used most by dermatologists