When it comes to anti-hair loss shampoos and shampoos that stimulate hair growth, there are two names that are really popular in the market. Those are Revita shampoo by DS Laboratories and Purador.
The main thing to note here is that Purador has various styles of shampoos for hair loss and thinning hair.
Revita by DS Laboratories has its original formula, which is its most popular but has recently launched Revita.CBD which, as the name suggests, has the main ingredient of broad-spectrum CBD oil, not to be confused with hemp oil.
So, which ones are we to compare?
REVITA SHAMPOO vs. PURADOR GOLD FORMULA
Let’s start with Revita shampoo:
Revita is a powerful combination of exclusive ingredients specially designed to maintain hair vitality and revitalize the hair follicles for best results quickly.
It contains a large number of ingredients, notably procyanidin B2 as a powerful antioxidant, niacinamide and copper peptides that improve vascularization conditions; caffeine as an inhibitor of follicle testosterone and amino acids (ornithine, taurine and cysteine) that provide a structural function to the hair and elasticity to the hair follicle.
Its formula is developed without sodium lauryl sulfate, a detergent commonly used in shampoos, associated with skin irritation, dryness and hair loss.
Thanks to the Nanosome Delivery System it offers better results in a shorter period of time.
Procyandin B2, Caffeine 4%, Taurine, Ketoconazole, Emu Oil, Niacinamide, Tricopper Peptides, Rooibos Tea, Cysteine, Biotin, MSM, EUK134, Ornithine, L-arginine
Revita actually has many recommendations from dermatologists around the world. Through its website, most notably, world-renowned dermatologist (trichologist) Dr. Antonella Tosti, says, “ This is the best shampoo to prevent and treat hair loss. It delivers caffeine that stimulates hair growth and also counteracts the negative effects of testosterone in hair follicles. If you lose more hair than normal or feel your hair is getting thinner, Revita is the right shampoo for you.”
There are a good amount of links on the DS Laboratories website on some studies with Revita, here is a summary of what DS Laboratories reports is what we think matters to consumers buying a shampoo for hair loss and hair growth:
- 92% experienced a decrease in hair fall
- 85% experienced an overall improvement in hair appearance
- 70% noted an increase in the speed of hair growth
- FORMULATED FOR BETTER, STRONGER, AND THICKER LOOKING HAIR: Revita Shampoo and Conditioner are revitalizing anti-hair loss products that are is both therapeutic and cleansing. They promote hair stimulation, length enhancement, increased hair density, and volume, all while maximizing potential hair count, to achieve the best anti-aging results in a short period of time.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE FORMULA: Revita Shampoo and Conditioner formula incorporates caffeine, amino acids, proteins, and botanicals and is an optimal daily hair product for anyone who wants better, thicker, fuller healthier-looking hair. They gently clean while delivering powerful stimulation that strengthens hair, maximizes hair count, enhances the length, boosts density, and improves overall hair quality. This next-generation delivery system adheres to the scalp and hair, keeping the formula working long after the hair has been rinsed.
- PERFECT FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN: By the age of 30, women start to see a loss of volume, shine, strength, and elasticity. By the age of 50, half of all men show signs of male pattern baldness. Thanks to its unique formula, Revita Shampoo and Conditioner help both women and men oppose visible signs of hair and scalp aging.
- SULFATE AND PARABEN-FREE: Unlike common shampoos and conditioners, Revita contains no sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, or other cheap detergents that inflame scalp tissue. Instead, it deploys natural cleansers to increase scalp health and compounds to boost hydration, nutrition, and protein.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL HAIR TYPES AND SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR: Revita Shampoo and Conditioner are ideal for all hair types and can be safely used on color-treated hair.
Purador Gold Label Anti-Thinning Shampoo
PURA D’OR Original Gold Label Shampoo and Deep Moisturizing Conditioner – clinically tested formulas proven to reduce hair thinning due to breakage, increase volume, strength and shine.* Our proprietary blend of 17 key active ingredients, organic extracts, and essential nutrients nourish hair to boost strength and resist breakage. Packed with a powerful blend of Biotin, Nettle, Pumpkin Seed, and Black Cumin Seed Oil to increase volume and thicken hair. Free from harsh chemicals, environmentally responsible, hypo-allergenic, vegan, and cruelty-free.
Nettle Extract, Saw Palmetto, He Shou Wo, Red Korean Seaweed, Aloe Vera, Tea Tree, Argan Nut, Black Cumin Seed, Cedarwood, Hibiscus, Clary Sage, Rosemary, Pygeum Bark, Pumpkin Seed, Green Tea, Alma Fuit, Lemon Peel, Grapefruit Seed, Lemongrass, Willbark, Biotin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Zinc.
- Nettle Extract: DHT Blockers such as nettle extract helps promote healthier hair
- Saw Palmetto: Saw palmetto reduces hair thinning and promotes thickness*
- He Shou Wu: He Shou Wu improves circulation and health from scalp to tip
- Red Korean Seaweed: Red Korean Seaweed supports healthy hair growth
- Argan Oil: The superior natural hair moisturizer
- Black Cumin Seed: Black cumin Seed penetrates deep to keep hair and scalp healthy
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera juice as a water substitute moisturizes hair all day long
- Tea Tree: Protects hair from itchiness and scalp irritation
- Biotin: An essential hair nutrient that supports healthy and thicker-looking hair
- Niacin: Plays an important role in circulating key nutrients to improve hair and scalp health
- Vitamin E: Locks in moisture from scalp to tip
We couldn’t find information or quotes on dermatologists recommending Purador gold label anti-thinning shampoo online. This doesn’t mean they don’t or it’s not recommended by dermatologists.
Under the conditions of this study, use of Pura d’or Hair Loss Prevention Therapy Shampoo #851615006006 led to significant improvements in hair and scalp appearance and in hair strength, as evidenced by results from expert clinical grading, hair strength testing and subjective questionnaire results. This is from the purador.com website and wasn’t too clear on exactly what shampoo product was tested through clinical studies.
- A blend of 17 key active ingredients helps reduce hair loss due to breakage
- Revives the appearance of damaged and distressed hair
- Leaves strands smooth and healthier-looking
- Supports a healthy-looking scalp, invigorates hair and revitalizes the overall appearance of hair
- Adds body, and increases volume for thicker-looking hair
- Made with natural preservatives
This Product is Great For:
- Thinning hair due to breakage
- Damaged and chemically-treated, colored hair
- Distressed hair
- Frizzy hair
- Tangled and knotted hair
- Softer and shinier looking hair
- FOR THICKER, STRONGER HAIR: A cleansing and thickening Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner set made with 17 Key Active Ingredients to eliminate the sources of thinning hair. Helps promote positive hair health and prevent further thinning or shedding.
- STOP THE BREAKAGE: Volumizing set packed with natural vitamins essential in strengthening your hair. Hydrating nutrients from Moroccan Argan Oil for hair helps with breakage prevention and dry scalp.
- REPAIR DAMAGED HAIR: Say goodbye to bald spots and frizzy hair. Our mild formulation in this sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner reduces thin and balding hair. Made in a stimulating formula that promotes beautiful thick hair.
- FOR ALL HAIR TYPES Whether it’s a simple daily blow-drying or regular hair dyeing, our sulfate-free products are safe for any and all hair types—bleached, color-treated, natural hair, curly hair, or any treated hair.
If you’re looking for a shampoo to really help with hair loss and stimulate hair growth, we would probably recommend Revita shampoo as the #1 option between these two.
Purador is a great option but Revita is a more clinically proven product that has more science and dermatology backing behind it.
Make your own choice between both products by reading consumer reviews which is always a good way to gauge the product as well.