I love rules. Structure gives me discipline. And I find that patients love it too. Oh, the relief to be given an explicit list of things you should use and practices you should adopt. I think it’s the key to developing a happy-making, long-term approach to your skin.
So this got me thinking about the most important essential behaviors in my own personal skincare routine. The practices that persist throughout the year, wherever I may be. The real cornerstone that would give me the best skin possible with the fewest actions. I may write them on a tablet somewhere for posterity.
These are mine:
- Always cleanse at night
- Always protect skin from the sun
- Always leave blemishes alone
- Always use a retinoid
- Always sleep on your back
- Always eat good fats
Skin Smoothie recipe
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 handful fresh kale leaves, thick stems removed 1 banana, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add extra almond milk to thin. Serve immediately, garnished with extra chia seeds if desired.